Thursday, July 5, 2012

Lose-a-thon and This month's Health Goals - Equality Weight Loss Challenge

Friends and Family,
I have begun the Equality Weight Loss Challenge as of July 1st, and so far so good! I am asking that my friends pledge to donate a certain amount for every pound I lose such as $2 per pound. If I lose 10 pounds, you would go to http://www.righttomarryaz.org/and donate $20, if you pledge $5 and I lose 5 pounds you would donate $25 etc. I have been losing just under 10 pounds a month and am dedicated to eating healthier and ramping up my work outs gradually, so be forewarned, it could very well be 10 pounds lost by the end of July. It will most likely be 5-10. Or you can just go to http://www.righttomarryaz.org/ and donate a flat amount which would be awesome also. 

A little history. This walk started out as part of Right to Marry AZ as an attempt to spread awareness. It has grown to be more than that, as their sight says now, "It's about more than marriage" You can learn more here: http://www.righttomarryaz.org/2012_walk 

Please consider donating or pledging. And if you're going to be part of my lose-a-thon and donate a certain amount per pound lost, please let me know so that I can contact you when I weigh in for the final day of the challenge and you can make your donations then :) Peace, Love and Health be with you!

My goals for this challenge are as follows:
Drink 8 to 12 (8 oz) glasses of water a day

Eat "twice as many vegetables, 1/2 as many carbs" 
Work out 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week, alternating between cardio and strength training.
Lose 5-10 pounds



And the big overall goal is to get healthier. To me, getting healthier would mean that my blood glucose and cholesterol would be under control with less medicine, and preferably no medicine. I am working alongside my doctors to reach these goals. Please help boost my motivation by pledging to my Loseathon! :)

May peace, love and health be with you,

Sean-Michael Gettys

1 comment:

dontazz said...

wish I could donate but this month the money is tight.